Re: unexpected NMUs || buildd queue

On 2004-07-15 Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> wrote:
> I've got two questions.

> 1) Did something change with sponsored uploads?

As there was no announcement I assume no.

>    Two of mine latest updated packages has been uploaded as NMU.
>    I didn't have such problems sooner.
>    This packages were uploaded by two independent sponsors, and one of them
>    didn't answer me yet, and second has no idea why it was qualified as NMU.

Afaict e.g. fuse http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fuse/news/1.html was
uploaded as NMU. Your sponsor probably rebuilt the package with
dpkg-buildpackage -mhis@address
instead of either using
dpkg-buildpackage -kkey‐id
or
dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
followed by a invokation of debsign..

>    Could you tell me what is the correct way to make sponsored upload?

dpkg-buildpackage -kkey‐id
or
dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us && debsign -kkey‐id /path/to/foo_changes

>    Does rebuilding package and signed it with official DD's key is enough?

Yes, if done correctly.

>    Do I have to add my sponsor to Uploaders line?

No.

>    Developers' Reference describes only rebuilding with proper -k switch.
>    Am I missing something?

I do not think so, Developers' Reference is correct, afaict.

> 2) Does buildd repects order of uploaded packages?

No, not really, it is more like a lifo, i.e. the last uploaded package
is tried first.

>    I mean I uploaded (via sponsor of course cause I'm not DD yet) libphysfs
>    package. Then I was waiting three days (iirc) and uploaded package which
>    depends on it (paragui).
>    I was very surprised when I noticed that paragui was built *before*
>    libphysfs and of course it fails to build because of lack of dependencies.

The buildds do not check build-dependencies before they try to build the
package. When the buildd maintainer checks the failed buildlog he'll set
the respective package to dep-wait.
http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states

>    That however only happened on Alpha arch which had (has?) some problems
>    last days.
[...]

The buildd's (lully) harddisk broke and the machine acting as
temporary replacement (escher) is almost (?) too slow.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"