Re: Stop the madness (Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

* Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:49:48AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > What work?  They haven't stated what it is.  They also appear to have
> > numerous volunteers to do the work, *whatever* it is.  So what's the
> > holdup?  We'd really like to know!
>
> They aren't expected to submit a proposal for anyone's review or approval.
> Neither is anyone else expected to do so for their own Debian
> responsibilities.

When asked about it, I do tend to respond and let people know what needs
to be done wrt my Debian responsibilities.  Occationally I get offers
for help and either accept them or explain why it wouldn't be
benefitial.  If the reason it wouldn't be benefitial is lack of
knowledge in a particular area I'll usually let them know where they can
go to learn more so that perhaps next time they'll be able to help.

No, we're not expected to submit a proposal for anyone's review/approval
every time we do a piece of work for Debian.  That doesn't mean that
people asking about what work needs to be done should be ignored or
given the impression "that's not how we do things in Debian."

	Stephen