Re: Stop the madness (Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:13:52AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:49:48AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > What work?  They haven't stated what it is.  They also appear to have
> > > numerous volunteers to do the work, *whatever* it is.  So what's the
> > > holdup?  We'd really like to know!
> >
> > They aren't expected to submit a proposal for anyone's review or
> > approval.  Neither is anyone else expected to do so for their own Debian
> > responsibilities.
>
> When asked about it, I do tend to respond and let people know what needs
> to be done wrt my Debian responsibilities.  Occationally I get offers for
> help and either accept them or explain why it wouldn't be benefitial.  If
> the reason it wouldn't be benefitial is lack of knowledge in a particular
> area I'll usually let them know where they can go to learn more so that
> perhaps next time they'll be able to help.

Sure, I've been in the same situation.  However, I wouldn't be the least bit
surprised that you would decline to do so if the questions and offers came
from people who had been extremely public about what a jerk they thought you
were.  I certainly wouldn't be so inclined.

--
 - mdz