Re: Description of tasks

* Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) wrote:
> >  document is ever likely to be as comprehensive.  Instead of
> >  burdening people who do the work with the task of spoon feeding
> >  people, let the people interested in the roles put in some effort.
> Yes.  I hereby volunteer to be an FTPmaster and an AM.  What?  You don't
> want my help?

Saying you volunteer is all nice and cute but doesn't actually produce
anything useful.  *Do* something.  Try to learn those positions and
understand what's going on.  Start *documenting* them if you have the
desire.

> Perhaps because I'm not a DD yet?... well, what exactly is wrong with the
> system then?...

You don't need to be a DD to learn.  If you're using that as an excuse
to do nothing then there's I have doubts about you being a DD.

> Would Debian perhaps be better off if some other project members "went
> missing" so that other people could learn their jobs?  Surely it's better
> if new people learn the job *without* requiring a vacancy in advance?
> *sigh*

The point you nicely illustrate here is that Debian is focused more on
progress than on the ability to replace any particular person.

	Stephen