On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:41:39 +0200, Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> said:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:45:33PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > - you don't see any problems in Debian that needs to get solved.
>> The same moronic binary view of the world.  Added to a profound
>> misconception of the mechanisms in which the project works, and the
>> level of rudeness your posts display, I don't think it is possible
>> for most to work with you -- I certainly would find it hard.

> You never worked with me and therefore can't really comment on
> that. Please stay with facts, not guesses...

	Yes, and thus your emails are what I have to go by when
 forming an opinion of you. I still recall the buildd and security
 fiasco. Let me put it this way: I am underwhelmed by your social
 skills, and ability to work with a team.

>> > Well, his mail annoyed me. Same blahblah over and over
>> > again. Instead of offering solutions, he denies the existing
>> > problems.
>> You, sir, are either an idiot, or can't read. You certainly need to
>> understand logic, if nothing else.

> Do you anything else left except being insulting?

	Ah, you can dish it out, but you can't take it, eh?

>> And i did offer a solution, which you seem unable to see. There are
>> ways in which things get done, and that is by not treating fellow
>> developers as faceless tyrants that one can heap endless abuse
>> on. It starts with treating them as _people_, not as the wicked
>> ftpmaster of the west.  A modicum of civility goes a long way; your
>> attitude makes communication with you unpleasant, and therefore
>> unlikely.

> You're missing the history of how this has been evolved over the
> long run.  If you've a solution, then act in that way. Otherwise it
> will still be blahblah...

	Still demonstrating the skills that made you such a valuable
 team player, I see.

>> > Nobody forced you to take over a job - but if you take over a
>> > task, you should be able to get forced to do something that is
>> > part of your job.
>> As I said, Debian is not the project you are looking for.

> Why do you think, Debian was/is the project I'm looking for? Just
> because I'm using it and got involved in some manner, doesn't mean
> that I've looked for it.

	You evidently have a strong opinion of how the proiject
 should be run.  Debian ain't it. This definitely not the project you
 are looking for. Move along, now.

>> > No, you're not the only one.  I would prefer a radical change in
>> > Debian over a fork as well.
>> Ah yes. The outsider who wants to make radical changes in an
>> organization he is not really a part of.  I think it is safe to say
>> you have no idea about what you speak.

> Eh, funny... so we reached the "you're not a DD, you have no say"
> point again, eh? Why don't say then: "oh, fucking users! piss all
> off! you're all disturbing me while I'm masturbating on you, because
> I'm a DD and you're not!".  That would be straightforward, at
> least...

	Yup, the same moronic the worlkd is either black or white
 approach. I'll try to spell it out, and keep away from polysyllabic
 words.  You are not a member of the project, and thus are not fully
 aware of how project internals work. You do not have input, nor the
 history, of the internal processes; you are thus not really in a
 position to sweep away the processes and redesign how we work
 internally.

	I doubt if you followed that, however, given your track record.

	manoj
--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink
what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. Mark Twain