On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:45:33PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > - you don't see any problems in Debian that needs to get solved.
> 	The same moronic binary view of the world.  Added to a
>  profound misconception of the mechanisms in which the project works,
>  and the level of rudeness your posts display, I don't think it is
>  possible for most to work with you -- I certainly would find it
>  hard.

You never worked with me and therefore can't really comment on that. Please
stay with facts, not guesses...

> > Well, his mail annoyed me. Same blahblah over and over
> > again. Instead of offering solutions, he denies the existing
> > problems.
> 	You, sir, are either an idiot, or can't read. You certainly
>  need to understand logic, if nothing else.

Do you anything else left except being insulting?

> 	And i did offer a solution, which you seem unable to
>  see. There are ways in which things get done, and that is by not
>  treating fellow developers as faceless tyrants that one can heap
>  endless abuse on. It starts with treating them as _people_, not as
>  the wicked ftpmaster of the west.  A modicum of civility goes a long
>  way; your attitude makes communication with you unpleasant, and
>  therefore unlikely.

You're missing the history of how this has been evolved over the long run.
If you've a solution, then act in that way. Otherwise it will still be
blahblah...

> > Nobody forced you to take over a job - but if you take over a task,
> > you should be able to get forced to do something that is part of
> > your job.
> 	As I said, Debian is not the project you are looking for.

Why do you think, Debian was/is the project I'm looking for? Just because
I'm using it and got involved in some manner, doesn't mean that I've looked
for it.

> >> A cute way for the project to self destruct.
> > So, what's the difference to the current situation of Debian?
> 	Not having AMD64 in Sarge is not the end of the world -- and
>  even the port members seem to concur.

amd64 is just a current peak of the problems. And there are other things
related to amd64 (not only including into archive (!= in sarge)) that needs
to get solved. Try to search for build logs on buildd.d.o f.e....

> > Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho said:
> >> Am I the only one who's smelling an incoming project fork?  I'd
> >> like it if it didn't come to that.
> > No, you're not the only one.  I would prefer a radical change in
> > Debian over a fork as well.
> 	Ah yes. The outsider who wants to make radical changes in an
>  organization he is not really a part of.  I think it is safe to say
>  you have no idea about what you speak.

Eh, funny... so we reached the "you're not a DD, you have no say" point
again, eh? Why don't say then: "oh, fucking users! piss all off! you're all
disturbing me while I'm masturbating on you, because I'm a DD and you're
not!".
That would be straightforward, at least...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/