Re: DO NOT REMOVE the lib packages after updates

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:12:27PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Matt Zimmerman [Tue, Jul 13 2004, 11:13:15PM]:
>
> > > * Josselin Mouette [Mon, Jul 12 2004, 06:16:01PM]:
> > >
> > > Exactly.
> >
> > It's not sane to do this.
>
> So it is sane to fuckup a dozen of dependent packages that rely on your
> library? Without warnings? I think every library package maintainer should

Yes.  No.

> realize that it is not only his lib package and maybe the few client
> packages that he is responsible for - he shares the responsibility for
> the state of all packages directly depending on this library.

So warn the dependent packages that there will be an ABI change as at this
date, any problems let me know before that date.  Here are the proposed
packages so you can test build correctness before upload.  Give the date of
upload as at least a week in the future.  If maintainers of dependent
packages don't give a rats arse, that's their problem.

- Matt