DO NOT REMOVE the lib packages after updates

Package: libgtkhtml3.1-11
Severity: grave

This bug should be reassigned to a BTS entry for the maintainer (if we
had a such system).

The problem: the libgtkhtml3.x-y packages are always removed when a new
version is beeing uploaded. This behaviour is totaly stupid, it breaks
every package depending on the particular (SONAMEd) library package. For
example, this hits gtk-sharp the second time and now we have to make an
upload for no reason just to fix the dependency.

So now, Takuo, please listen and speak after me: WE DO NOT REMOVE
PACKAGES WHEN OTHERS DEPEND ON THEM. There is simply no reason, the
archive works fine if there are two versions of libgtkhtml-dev, just the
newer one is used. You do NOT need to remove them. If you feel that it
is neccessary, do at least contact the users of your package
(grep-available -F Depends libgtkhtml | grep Maintainer | sort -u) and
tell them about what you are going to do.

Regards,
Eduard.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.4.26-1-686
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8

--
Hauptsache es geht vorwärts - die Richtung ist egal.