Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:13:32 +0200, Christian Perrier
<bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>I basically agree with Nico, at least for written language.
>
>When it comes to spoken language, things vary a lot:

I usually write the same way I speak, using the English expression
usually if the German version has a meaning in everyday life. For
example, I say "Treiber" for the english "driver", but "kernel"
instead of "Kern".

Other things, like "file system" as "Dateisystem" habe evolved over
time and I simply say what everyone says.

There are some expressions I refuse to use. I never say "DMZ" although
everybody else says that when they mean "perimeter network",
translated "Grenznetz".

Greetings
Marc