Re: standard apt/yum meta-data format

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 01:43:29PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Well, also the mirrors have less load, if they only need to load the
> changes, and if they have to serve less data.

Not neccessarily -- don't assume that "fewer bytes" = "less load". There is a
non-negligible per-transfer cost involved. (I agree with the other reply in
this thread that one could store diffs, though, but then you have to make
sure the clock on the client side is right etc.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/