Re: report-po, forward outdated po file to the last translators

* Nikolai Prokoschenko [2004-07-01 17:15:36+0200]
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:31:10PM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> > As discussed on debian-devel, I'd like to add a feature to
> > debconf2po-update which forward to the last translators their
> > outdated po files asking for a new translation.
>
> Yo. Cool. Go for it.... :( I'm ready to get swamped by the mails....
>
> Now really, guys. Maybe I'm overreacting just now, but I've been always
> told NOT to bug maintainers, neither by mail nor by additional prompts,
> except there is no other way to accomplish things. Why the hell do we want
> to bug translators, especially considering the rather low priority of the
> Last-Translator field (for example, I get a file from a translator, fix a
> couple of typos and commit it - KBabel will automatically make me the last
> translator)?!

Then, isn't this a good reason to be more careful on the po headers
including the 'Last-Translator' field and avoid automatic header updates
(except 'PO-Revision-Date')?  I often see a lot of crap in po headers
and it seems no one is uncomfortable with this situation.

BTW, There is another important field which should be taken into account
for the update notifications: 'Language-Team'; of course, it all depends
on a neatly maintained po header ;-)

--
roktas