Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 03:08:56PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 03:25:36AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Regardless of who packages it - hell, Ali Akaagac could package it if it
> > was of good enough quality - the question is who should maintain it for
> > Debian.
> >
> > I would like to be part of this team, as I am an active upstream member,
> > and I think I have reasonable Debian credentials (especially if I'm
> > going to be packaging the things in the first place).
> >
> > Are you comfortable with an Uploaders: field for fd.o xlibs that
> > includes myself?
>
> I'm not sure *my* comfort level is the first-order term in this equation.
>
> Quoting:
>
> [snip 'I don't like the XSF', from Daniel]

Yes, I indicated my extreme discomfort with the current XSF order. The
current XSF order, however, is not necessarily something which need be
set in stone, no?

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org