Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 01:42:43AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I am willing to expend significant work on this; indeed, I'm in the
> middle of my rejuvinated xlibs work, and am prepared to put in the work
> to disable the libs on the server side - all the packaging work that
> would be needed to transition to using fd.o xlibs.

I should ask whether you think it's a good idea to have a conversation
about who should be packaging fd.o's xlibs for Debian, especially given
that you expect them to supersede the libraries shipped by the current
xfree86 package.

We do have a procedure for this sort of thing:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-adopting

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It's extremely difficult to govern
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when you control all three branches