Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

[professional language in translations]

> I have never ever seen any MS Windows screen use the 2nd singular
> person when translating "you blahblah".....never.
>
> I'm pretty this is exactly the same for German,

Agreed. But then, I never felt being part of a community together with
Microsoft. The question is, of course, whether we limit our target
audience too much if we restrict it to people that feel part of the Free
Software Community. At least for interactions with users we shouldn't
(and consequently should use the strange "Sie"/"vous" etc.). For
administrators I don't know.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie