Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org):
>
>> PS: What about an english localisation ?
>
> Why not ?
>
> Besides the traditional US vs. UK glitches, having a en_GB (or
> en_US...or just simply "en") "localisation" would probably guarantee
> that our screens to use good English and not the crappy mixture of
> words we all use when communicating in English, like I'm currently
> doing..:-)

Indeed LANG=C is in fact nearer to Globish than English. But, well, as
long as it is not rubbish...

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |