Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:14:39PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jun 07, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
>
> > I've enabled tagging xbl in spamassassin more than a month ago and out
> > of 38[1] messages on d-d with sa-score <=10[1] that were tagged by SBL there
> > were 12 nonspams.
> Sadly these people need to learn to stop sending mail from dynamically
> assigned IP addresses if they want to continue communicating by email
> with the rest of the internet in the coming years.

Hmm, and why don't we cure the headache by decapitation too?

I have been with 5 ISPs and no one had a decent email administration.
Problems range from blocked mail which is not spam but valuable
bussiness mail, to the MX or the domain name of the very ISP being
blacklisted for weeks, and I keep to myself a whole lot of ridiculous
situations.

Finally with a group of users we sued the last one to get irrestricted
connectivity, and things are a lot better since I have control of my
MTA.

Fascist policies are not the answer.

Blu.