Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:01:35AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > There is only one thing more useless and annoying than a bug or list
> > archive that does not contain the correct mail addresses, and that's
> > one where snippets of perl code have been destroyed by mindless
> > obliteration of strings containing @ signs.
>
> It does not have to be mindless.

I will be most interested in seeing your code which can tell the
difference between a string which "should" be obscured and one which
should not. It would represent a major breakthrough in the state of
the art in pattern recognition.

Absent that, the only way in which this could possibly be anything but
a placebo is if it behaved as I described.

So yes, it *does* have to be mindless, under the assumption that you
are not simply trying to waste everybodies time. Which actually seems
increasingly likely.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |