Re: Need a sponsor for raidtools2

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 11:55:36AM +0200, Matthijs wrote:
> Thanks for answering me but on debian-mentors i've asked twice but no
> one didn't answer. And i think it's a critical package for people who
> are working with raid.

There's always mdadm...

I started my foray into Linux software RAID with mdadm and I haven't looked
back.

If no one cares enough about raidtools2 to adopt it or sponsor an upload,
perhaps it should be deprecated in favour of mdadm? I don't know what that
means for legacy RAIDs built with raidtools2 though.

There seems to be quite a lot of overlap in the userspace tools for software
RAID... I realise a lot of that's evolutionary.

Andrew