Re: libcurl2 7.12.0-1 breakage and its removal from unstable

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> writes:
> I don't see what the problem with using an epoch is; after all, this is
> the kind of situation they seemed to be designed for. Using an epoch
> seems like the easiest solution. Why are you opposed to using one?

Um, just look at the name `epoch' -- it implies a monumental change that
only happens once in a great while.  It's appropriate when the basic
version numbering scheme of a package changes in a way that old and new
versions are simply not comparable.  To permanently add noise to the
version number for piddling little glitches is silly.

We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde