Re: logitech mouse [was: Lost Trust]

Eric Wong wrote:
Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:

if the driver is available somewhere it is probably fairly easy to make it work with debian kernel. sometime it's not that easy to get the HW working, e.g. when I got the SATA HD I had to spend time on lkml, apply patches (well, use ac kernel with manually applied libata5 patches) etc. lot of fun. and now e.g. extra button on logitech mouse doesn't work (worked fine with 2.4.x but 2.6.x is too smart (more like smart-ass)).

Which Logitech mouse?  I'm assuming it's PS/2 since USB mice work more
or less the same (evdev is recommended for USB).  I co-wrote the 2.6
Logitech PS/2++ driver and also maintain a Debian package[1] for the
logitech_applet which controls USB functions.

what's the status of the logitech driver? on my system the side button doesn't work (xev thinks it's button 2). Any comments (should it work? known problem?)

it's ps/2 logitech cordless mouseman wheel, this is on debian unstable, kernel 2.6.5, X settings: Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2", Option "Device" "/dev/psaux", here's what kernel says when I modprobe psmouse:

May 31 17:03:26 jojda kernel: input: ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

  it used to work with kernel 2.4.x

  TIA

	erik