Re: logitech mouse [was: Lost Trust]

Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>   if the driver is available somewhere it is probably fairly easy to
> make it work with debian kernel. sometime it's not that easy to get the
> HW working, e.g. when I got the SATA HD I had to spend time on lkml,
> apply patches (well, use ac kernel with manually applied libata5
> patches) etc. lot of fun. and now e.g. extra button on logitech mouse
> doesn't work (worked fine with 2.4.x but 2.6.x is too smart (more like
> smart-ass)).

Which Logitech mouse?  I'm assuming it's PS/2 since USB mice work more
or less the same (evdev is recommended for USB).  I co-wrote the 2.6
Logitech PS/2++ driver and also maintain a Debian package[1] for the
logitech_applet which controls USB functions.

1 - http://des.petta-tech.com/~eric/debian (a sponsor would be helpful)

--
Eric Wong                normalperson@yhbt.net
Petta Technology, Inc      eric@petta-tech.com