Re: Lost Trust

> Brian Nelson writes:
>> It makes absolutely no difference to the user if the firmware is loaded
>> from flash EPROM on the hardware or loaded by the Linux kernel in
>> software.
Can you run the tg3 driver without the firmware?
So basically I won't be running stock 2.6.5 or later kernel on my systems.
Has anyone punted this upstream to the upstream kernel?

Ok, is their a patch to enable this, or how do I roll back a single patch
from the massive comglomeration of debian kernel patches applied to the
2.6.5 debian kernel.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman