Re: { pciutils, kudzu } -> sarge ?

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 05:42:29PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> Can't pciutils and kudzu be hinted to go in together?

Yes, thanks. Done.

> If so, why does this kind of simple case require a hint?  kudzu is
> waiting for pciutils, pciutils breaks the old kudzu, and there are no
> other dependencies (as kudzu-dev is part of kudzu).  It seems the script,
> seeing that, should immediately try to go again, specifying that kudzu and
> pciutils should go in together.  That is, immediately attempt the obvious
> hint when there are two source packages involved in this kind of blockage.

I'm sure patches would be appreciated ... it's not easy code.

> Same thing with sablevm and sablevm-classlib.

No, that's already being tried (as you should see from the top of
update_output.txt) and doesn't work for some mips-related reason. I've
adjusted the hint to try to make the reason more obvious.

> Same thing with libxklavier and gswitchit.

Done, thanks.

> And then there's batik, which seems to be confused by dependencies between
> two contained binary packages.  It's unclear what is blocking it.

    libbatik-java/i386 unsatisfiable Depends: j2re1.4 | j2re1.3 | java2-runtime

Those packages aren't in Debian; we need contrib overrides for this (or
a sensible free Java ...).

As Andrew said, debian-release is a better place for this kind of thing
in future.

Cheers,