Re: AMD64 Port: Almost all packages are ready to be uploaded

* Frederik Schueler (fs@lowpingbastards.de) wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 05:17:31PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Does Debian's pure amd64 port use lib instead of lib64?
>
> would probably render us incompatible to others and the FHS. Please see
> the discussion on debian-amd64 starting with
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/05/msg00050.html

This is not accurate.  The FHS defines the location of the loader, which
we support.  The libraries are found through the normal directory
search.  So long as the binaries being brought over are 64bit they'll
probably work.  Of course, I don't really believe it's terribly useful
to be able to copy a binary from RH to Debian (does anyone actually *do*
this?!) but it should work.

	Stephen