Re: Resignation

Hello Adam!

Thu, 06 May 2004 02:46:09 +0000, you wrote:

 > Alastair McKinstry wrote:
 >> As was pointed out elsewhere on the list, there are a bunch of
 >> programs that include flags, and lists of countries, within
 >> Debian. This could be refactored into a single collection
 >> (in a single directory).
 >>

 > I know that KDE also included (at least in the past, don't know now),
 > the Quebec's flag when you chose French Canadian language (or layout
 > or something). This was pretty close to when Quebec had their
 > referendum to separate from Canada. I didn't see too many Canadians
 > resigning because KDE had Quebec's flag!

The same way, there is a "Bretagne" flag and maybe a Corsica flag, and
no french people mind about it... Both are regions of France with some
people wanting independance. But  acknowledging that they have a flag,
a language  and a culture do  not mean we  support their independance.
Most citizen of those regions want  to stay part of France, but at the
same time,  they want  to protect their  own culture. This  is totally
natural.

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@nerim.net - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org