Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

* Nathanael Nerode:

> Florian Weimer wrote:
>
>> * Henning Makholm:

>>> Yes, if the license does not legally apply to any copyrightable
>>> material that Debian distributes (or considers distributing).
>>
>> The problem here is that we have no workable definition of
>> "copyrightable".
>
> Well, that sucks.  Unfortunately, there's really no way around it, since
> copyright is determined by law.  Contact your legislator.

Debian could view something as copyrightable as soon as the author
claims copyright on it.  I don't think Debian should work around the
authors licensing decisions by invoking general law.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, hotmail.com,