Re: impolite developers

On Mon, 3 May 2004 17:45:14 +0200, Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> said:

> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:53:58AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > Discussing how to ignore people publically is not what I expect
>> > from adult developers of Debian. That's highly impolite and
>> > tasteless.
>> Why is it impolite to ignore people? And, I think it can show a
>> great deal of taste in whose opinions you do not listen to.  I
>> reserve the right to not listen to whomsoever I chose (not to
>> listen to).  People may have a right to speech, but they certainly
>> do not have right to my time.

> Please read more carefully what I've written. The important word is
> "publically".  And as far as you only ignore people on your private
> mail and not your business/delegate/maintainer/official mail
> address, that's fine. Go ahead with that.

	"Discussing how to ignore people publically" -- publically
 modifies discussion, the way I parse that sentence. Sounded like you
 objected to the public discussion on the technical details of
 ignoring people.

	And, looking back, people were merely talking about ignoring
 people on debian-devel@l.d.o. Since when has this become an official
 address for anyone?

	I am afraid your current defense of your position fails the
	logic test.

>> Care to tell me why wasting my time would be a good thing? Or

> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=srivasta tells me that
> you're actually wasted your time with your reply to my mail instead
> of investing your time in fixing your bugs.

	Generally, the appropriate response to things like this is
 FOAD.

> No need to discuss that any further. :-)

	yeah, I should not really respond to juvenile behaviour.

	manoj
--
What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally
happens. Bengamin Disraeli