Re: impolite developers

On Mon, 03 May 2004 18:03:03 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> said:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>> On Sun, 2 May 2004 07:18:38 +0200, Ingo Juergensmann
>> <ij@2004.bluespice.org> said:
>>
>>> Discussing how to ignore people publically is not what I expect
>>> from adult developers of Debian. That's highly impolite and
>>> tasteless.
>>
>> Why is it impolite to ignore people? And, I think it can show

> Can you read? He doesn't say ignoring people is impolite. May that
> be or not.

	If ignoring people is not impolite, how can a discussion of
 technical means for managing the volume of incoming mail that reaches
 my eyeballs be impolite?

	Or are you making the suggestion that it is not impolite to
 ignore people as long as we do not tell each other the  technical
 means of doing so?

	Does reinventing the wheel somehow make ignoring people pass
 the emily post test?

>> Frankly, if ignoring inane opinions and noisy people and not
>> flaming them to crisp is bad behaviour, I have not yet achieved a
>> state of nirvana.

> Ignoring prefetly reasonable people and DDs with perfectly valid
> problems, bugs or complains _is_ a problem.

	Who gets to decide which people seem reasonable to me? Who
 decides which problems I should be spending my time reading about?

	manoj
--
Sex is like air.  It's only a big deal if you can't get any.