Re: Amendment to the Constitution: Add a new foundation document

On Mon, 3 May 2004 16:39:37 -0400, Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> said:

> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 12:33:25AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> This is a major factor contributing to my belief that such a
>> transition *guide* should not be given the status of a foundation
>> document.  I

> Foundation documents lay foundations, and I don't see how a
> "transition" document lays a foundation--transition plans are
> support, not foundation.

	I think that laying down the  principles that guide the
 project through transitions in fundamental principles could be a
 corner stone of the project too.

	This is especially true in this case, where the transition
 guide provides guidelines to measure two competing goals set up in
 the social contract, and how each of these fundamental needs should
 be balanced.

> I think putting a transition guide on a level with the Social
> Contract is strange.

	I would definitely have thought of putting a transition plan
 up there, but this is not a transition plan.

	manoj
--
In the pitiful, multipage, connection-boxed form to which the
flowchart has today been elaborated, it has proved to be useless as a