Re: /media for sarge?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	But this is a chicken and egg problem. Apache is not gonna
>  move unless the dir exists on most installed machines, and so
>  on.

Moving files from /var/www/* to /srv during an upgrade would be
extremely tricky. I would not expect apache to do that.

For new installs, see what apache currently does with the /var/www
directory:

    if [ ! -d /var/www ]; then
        mkdir -p /var/www
        chown root:root /var/www
        chmod 755 /var/www
        cp -f /usr/share/doc/$pkg/intro.html /var/www/index.html
        chown www-data:www-data /var/www/index.html
        chmod 644 /var/www/index.html
    fi

It could well do the same with /srv if he likes. I don't see a chichen
and egg problem here.