Re: /media for sarge?

Scripsit sean finney <seanius@seanius.net>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:51:55AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > 	Umm. How would creation of these new directories impact my
> >  system?  I agree that my fstab ought not to be mucked with, but
> >  creating three dirs if they do not already exists ought to hurt
> >  nothing?

> i think the issue was more of annoyance than impact... if a local
> admin removes said dirs, he/she'd probably like them to stay gone.

Couldn't the postinst be written to not create the directories on
upgrade from a version later x.y.z, where x.y.z is the first version
that has this behavior?

(But do create the directories on non-upgrades, as well as on upgrades
from older versions).

--
Henning Makholm                "He who joyfully eats soup has already earned
                            my contempt. He has been given teeth by mistake,