Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> I was stunned because I didn't think this proposal was ready for a vote.
> It needed more development and discussion. It was proposed on
> debian-devel that the GR be discussed and dissected item by item, but
> that never occurred - instead we went straight to a vote.

This was my proposal.  It was nothing but a proposal.  I listened to
what other people said about my proposal, and I decided that I didn't
want to do anything further with it.

If you wanted to make it your proposal, you could have.  Regardless,
it was always just a proposal, it was never a rule that anyone needed
to follow.

Thomas