Hi Hamish,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:22:27PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Do you believe that the GR has had no effect other than editorial?
> Or simply that the change is a good thing anyway?
Because you are asking: I always read the word "software" in the
old version of the social contract as "all the bits on the CD you get",
so for me there is no change.

> Perhaps for our next GR, we can contemplate whether it's appropriate
> that less than 20% of the developers is enough to change one of our most
> important documents. ...
Well, we did vote, and the outcome was quite clear.
We already have more of this quorum and super-majority stuff
then I think we should have.  If somebody did not vote, he has
to live with the result.

And you can always try to initiate a new GR to revert the old one.
As you seem to consider the requirements for changing the SC to
be very low, this might work out.

But I think we should work on freeing the documatation instead of
changing the SC to match current non-free documents.

Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/