On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:07:12AM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 02:56:09PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The Social Contract now states:
> >
> > ] 1. Debian will remain 100% free
> > ] ...
> >
> > As this is no longer limited to "software", and as this decision was
> > made by developers after and during discussion of how we should consider
> > non-software content such as documentation and firmware, I don't believe
> > I can justify the policy decisions to exempt documentation, firmware,
> > or content any longer, as the Social Contract has been amended to cover
> > all these areas.
>
> By the way, what was the meaning of "editorial" in
> "Editorial changes to the Social Contract GR"?

Usually it refers to changes that clarify the meaning without changing
that meaning. I'd be interested in hearing your definition, since you
seconded the GR.

I'm stunned that this GR passed. I was surprised when the secretary
called for votes because the proposal wasn't anything close to ready for
voting.

The tally sheet makes interesting reading:
http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_editorial_tally.txt

Draw your own conclusions.

Hamish