On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> It is, simply because the human brain can't handle more than 7+-2
> items at the same time

That's in (very) short term memory; there are computers which do
complex algorithms with only 7 registers.

> The requirement of an algorithm is to produce the same results for
> the same input.

So a buggy program would be data, and not a program according to your
definition.

That is, for anything that has an RC bug, it would have been ok for it
to move from non-free to main according to your definition.

I think your definition has a few rather fundamental flaws.

Don Armstrong

--
Sentenced to two years hard labor (for sodomy), Oscar Wilde stood
handcuffed in driving rain waiting for transport to prison.  "If this

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu