* Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) wrote:
> You forgot one other thing.  We'll also have to strip **ALL**
> **FONTS** from Debian, since fonts come in binary form, and we don't
> have anything approaching the "preferred form for modification" for
> fonts.  In particular, the Truetype Bitstream Vera fonts which were so
> generously donated by Vera was generated not only using propietary
> source files, but also using propietary non-free programs.

Well, now, I'm not entirely convinced of this.  Could a similar argument
not be used on JPEG's or PNG's?  Do we have *some* reasonable way to
modify these fonts?  It's been a long time, but I did hack on some fonts
a long time ago and while it wasn't the most fun thing I could have
sworn there was a free program available to do it..

	Stephen