> 	What ongoing talks? The ones that have produced absolutely no
>  visible sign of progress for six months, while we continue shipping
>  non-free bits in main?

I don't know whose fault it was.  After all what I know, it could
still be ours.  Mako Hill has been surprisingly quiet on the issue, so
I could imagine that the problem could lie on Debian's side.  For
example, I wasn't able to find the name of the second Debian
representative in the talks.

> Is it ethical to take the convenient path to keep shipping non-free
> stuff in main just bvecause, even though it is non-free, it is
> useful, hiding behind the fact oh, we have been talking about it for
> 2.5 years, let us keep on talking, with no end in sight, while
> continuing to ship non-free stuff in main?

It's not okay to be in negotiations officially while preparing to
napalm the enemy.  Debian is on the verge of doing this, which makes
me sad.

It's acceptable to engage in action (well, not going to war, but doing
*something* 8-), but it's necessary to declare that the negotiations
have failed, preferably by those people who were envoys in those
negotiations.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, netscape.net,