On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:28:33 +0200, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> said:

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>> This will result in the following problems:
>>
>> * important packages such as glibc will have no documentation

> What's the result of the consultations with the FSF?  Isn't this
> very rude and unprofessional because of the ongoing talks?

	What ongoing talks? The ones that have produced absolutely no
 visible sign of progress for six months, while we continue shipping
 non-free bits in main? The ones that show absolutely no signs of
 going anywhere?  Is it ethical to take the convenient path to keep
 shipping non-free stuff in main just bvecause, even though it is
 non-free, it is useful, hiding behind the fact oh, we have been
 talking about it for 2.5 years, let us keep on talking, with no end
 in sight, while continuing to ship non-free stuff in main?

	manoj
--
"To undertake a project, as the word's derivation indicates, means to
cast an idea out ahead of oneself so that it gains autonomy and is