@ 26/04/2004 18:11 : wrote tb@becket.net :

"Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU> writes:

You forgot one other thing.  We'll also have to strip **ALL**
**FONTS** from Debian, since fonts come in binary form, and we don't
have anything approaching the "preferred form for modification" for
fonts.

Where are you quoted the words "preferred form for modification" from?
I can't find them anywhere in the Social Contract or the DFSG.

Thomas

I will quote (misquote?) what I have seen here about this: the words "preferred form for modification" are imported from the GNU GPL, and used in debian-legal at least, traditionally, to define source code.

--
br,M