Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> Well, there is another explanation around as well, which at least a
> few of the people I talked to on IRC verified.  Several of these
> people did not realize that the change was substantial, because there
> were no rationale or explanation included in the vote document, and
> the title of the vote claimed that the change was only editorial.
>
> So perhaps they cared, but were not aware of the issue?

In this case you should have voted "further discussion".

Of course, such behavior has a tendency to stifle progress.  Given
that there was so little discussion leading up to the vote, I think it
was appropriate in this case.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, di-ve.com, netscape.net,