Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Monday 26 Apr 2004 19:47, Anthony Towns wrote:

> I'm sure if the proposers and seconders had said as part of the resolution
> exactly what this should imply for sarge, we wouldn't be having this
> discussion.

There are people who have a greater understanding of these issues than others.
For example, if I read the proposal to say "Debian must be free on non-free
docs and firmware for the next release", it makes little difference. However,
if the RM reads it as this, it makes a larger difference. Therefore, it would
have been helpful if the RM had made this opinion clear at a time when other
developers could do something about it.

Hindsight is lovely of course.

> Sorry, Will, if you're looking for someone to blame, you can fuck the
> hell off and look at someone else.

I'm not looking to blame anyone, but it would have been nice if this could
have been avoided. We look amateurish enough already.