Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

Will Newton wrote:
> There are people who have a greater understanding of these issues than
others.
> For example, if I read the proposal to say "Debian must be free on non-free
> docs and firmware for the next release", it makes little difference. However,
> if the RM reads it as this, it makes a larger difference. Therefore, it would
> have been helpful if the RM had made this opinion clear at a time when other
> developers could do something about it.

Two things:
- Well, if it hadn't been for sarge, this would have been an issue for
  sarge+1.
- If the RM had said "this will block sarge release for another year"
  during the discussion, people would have come up with all that cabal
  and dictatorship of delegates business.

Kind regards

Thomas
--