Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:07:33PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:
> I'm sure if the RM had replied to the proposal with:
>
> "In my opinion as the RM, voting X to this proposal will cause the following
> results, including delay of sarge etc."
>
> It might have been more constructive than waiting for the proposal to pass.
>
> Yes or no?

I'm sure if the proposers and seconders had said as part of the resolution
exactly what this should imply for sarge, we wouldn't be having this
discussion.

I'm sure if the folks voting for this had asked "what possible negative
effect could this have if passed?" they might have thought to perhaps
canvas folks and see what results were likely.

Sorry, Will, if you're looking for someone to blame, you can fuck the
hell off and look at someone else.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/