Re: problem with dpkg-reconfigure and noninteractive frontend

Christian Ramseyer <rc@networkz.ch> wrote:
[...]
> This is exactly my case. After FAI installation, i would like to
> reconfigure some packages, and i thought that i could just edit the
> debconf database and the do a dpkg-reconfigure -f noninteractive.
[...]

Well. It will not work for packages that use debconf to manage a
configuration file and do this properly by parsing the configuration
file and syncing its values into the debconf-db.
            cu andreas

--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.