Re: Alioth and local proxy

Hi,

is it possibly that the proxy filters by the browsers' User-Agent-Header which it sends with every HTTP 1.1 request.
Maybe this is to avoid viruses and trojans' connections.
Opera gives you the possibility to change this header to IE 6.0 or whatever you want. Although it's not free, you might give it a try. If it works, you could try to modify mozilla source and change the header there so the proxy supposes it to be IE.

Regards,
  Simon