Re: Alioth and local proxy

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

> it sounds strange but behind our local proxy I'm unable to view any
> page from alioth.
> Browsers:
>
>    Galeon/Firebird/Mozilla:
>           http://alioth.debian.org/
>           <blank page>
>
>           view-source:http://alioth.debian.org/
>
>    Konqueror/Opera:
>           <blank page and page-source>
>
>    w3m:
>           <blank page>
>           <=UpDnViewing <>        No Line    (<-- says bottom line)
>
>    links:
>           <blank page>
>
>    wget http://alioth.debian.org/
>           --> normal index.html as expected
>
> If I ssh to a box outside of our firewall w3m works fine and I expect
> to work the other browsers as well.  No problem with any browser from
> home.  I never faced comparable problems with any other web site.
I've got some hints via private mails which did not really help because
I have not (and will not have) any access to the proxy.  But I found
out some further information: I'm perfectly able to work with IE 6.0
while using exactly the same proxy auto configuration file (.pac).
This is really strange.  Any hint, how to solve this?

Kind regards

        Andreas.