Re: Purge of firmware to recommence

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:43:49AM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> i believe someone said they were working on this, and then herbert said at a
> later point that he would no longer accept patches unless they came from
> upstream.  perhaps i'm mistaken or this has changed?

The patches should be passed via upstream, or at least tested: we don't
want to distribute buggy drivers, either.

> 	- a non-free driver disk with said firmware

Software that violates the GPL isn't distributable; it can't even go
in non-free.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/