Re: more evil firmwares found

Evan Prodromou wrote:
"AT" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

    AT> This issue can be resolved either by removing the firmware and
    AT> the driver, or by separating the firmware out from the kernel.

...or by determining that there's no other preferred source format,
right?

We wouldn't just take stuff out based on the _assumption_ that there's
a better source format, without contacting upstream?

IMHO, I hope that any license issues with the kernel are dealt in conjunction with upstream. If a driver is not deemed GPL-complient, then it *must* be removed from the vanilla kernel, not just Debian's.

- Adam