Re: more evil firmwares found

Evan Prodromou wrote:
"AT" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

    AT> This issue can be resolved either by removing the firmware and
    AT> the driver, or by separating the firmware out from the kernel.

...or by determining that there's no other preferred source format,

We wouldn't just take stuff out based on the _assumption_ that there's
a better source format, without contacting upstream?

IMHO, I hope that any license issues with the kernel are dealt in conjunction with upstream. If a driver is not deemed GPL-complient, then it *must* be removed from the vanilla kernel, not just Debian's.

- Adam