Re: gdm bug #133578. Intend to NMU.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:17:15PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le sam 17/04/2004 à 02:22, Daniel Ruoso a écrit :
> > Could we have a provisory solution to this annoying bug wich is standing
> > for 2 years?
>
> The GDM maintainer has explicitly refused to fix this bug (and several
> others). He also stated he will overwrite any upload fixing this. I'm
> still not aware of any solution for this kind of issues; our structures
> can't deal with a maintainer actively working against his package being
> fixed.

Yes, they can. Our structures say that a maintainer has the final say
regarding his packages, except if the technical committee overrules him.
If you think the maintainer is wrong[1], and you cannot come to an
agreement over this, the technical committee is what you have to turn
to.

[1] Note, I'm not taking any stances here; I don't care enough about gdm
to have an opinion about it.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks