Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under test

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:06:04AM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> many, many thanks to all of you who sent comments and
> suggestions about the reference card.  The phrase "the
> Debian community is always helpful" in the first section of
> reference card proved to be true once again.
>
> NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/
> NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/refcard.dbk
> NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/refcard.pdf
>
> Now, the card is almost crowded, so I cannot add much more.
> Maybe some points about the new installer, e.g. "how and
> why to use expert mode", but that's basically it.

Uhm, perhaps I'm a bit late, but did you consider adding
'configure-debian' to it? It's a nice debconf'd frontend to
dpkg-reconfigure, so people can choose which package they want to
configure. (It's not easy to tell you have to go 'xserver-xfree86' for a
newbie for example). It's not in stable yet, though.

Indenting multi-line commands would help a bit, too, I guess.

cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Banck